Tuesday 21 January 2014

Caramel Coconut Pie

Ingredients
2 Graham Cracker Crusts, 9″ (I like to make my own.)
6 Tablespoons Butter
7 Ounces Shredded Coconut
1 Cup Chopped Pecans, or to taste
14 Ounces Eagle Brand
8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
16 Ounces Cool Whip
12 Ounces Caramel Ice Cream Topping, or to taste. (I sometimes use less.)
I’m going to list the crust as a graham cracker (and I HATE bought ones), but I do have 2-3 other crust recipes  that I like with this one.


Preparation
1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Add coconut and pecans, stirring to coat. Saute until coconut and pecans are lightly toasted.
3. Set aside.
4. Beat Eagle Brand and cream cheese until fluffy.
5. Fold in Cool Whip.
6. Spoon 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each crust.
7. Drizzle each with 1/4 of caramel topping.
8. Add rest of cream cheese mixture and drizzle with caramel once again if you like that much caramel.
9. Top with coconut and pecan mixture.
10. Freeze for several hours or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment